Intercontinental Church of God Correspondence Course - Lesson Seven of Bible Course--Answers
«Return to Correspondence Course | Printer Friendly
Lesson Seven - Sabbath -
table shows the correct answers to the questions for Lesson
7. The questions are
generated from the doctrine on
the Sabbath. To check the text of the doctrine for
each question and answer, go to the
Check Text Page.
1. Which of the following is true regarding
a) is Holy.
b) instituted at Creation.
c) reaffirmed to Israel at Sinai.
d) taught by Jesus Christ.
e) is basic to a Christian's relationship with God.
2. The weekly Sabbath celebration serves as a reminder that:
a) Association with others is fun.
b) God is Creator
3. The New Testament discussions about the Sabbath revolve around how to
keep it not whether to keep it. True or False?
4. The basic New Testament scripture on how to keep the Sabbath is_____
5. The Hebrew word translated 'Sabbath' means to rest, stop or cease.
True or False? (True)
6. The Sabbath is from:
a) midnight going into Saturday to midnight going into Sunday.
b) sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
c) noon Friday to noon Saturday.
d) Saturday morning to Sunday morning.
7. The weekly Sabbath predated the covenant with Israel.
True or False? (True)
8. What verse tells us that God hallowed the Sabbath by resting on it?
9. The Sabbath was created only for the tribes of Israel and not the
rest of the world. True or False?
10. Where do we hear God speaking to Moses saying "How long refuse ye to
keep my commandments and my laws? (Exodus
11. Exodus 20:8 says, "_________ the Sabbath day to keep it holy."
12. Exodus 31 says that the Sabbath is a _________ [what?] between Him
and His people? (sign)
13. Finish this sentence: The Sabbath is the one commandment of
the ten that will maintain a _____ _____ to God [what?]
(direct line to God)
14. Romans 9:6-8 says that in these New Testament times the seed of
Abraham and the promises go to the followers of Christ, not physical
Israel. See Gal. 3:29. Is this an accurate understanding of
the New Testament. Yes or No? (Yes)
15. The Sabbath is no longer a sign between God and His people.
True or False? (False)
16. Jeremiah 17 speaks to dire consequence of negligence in regard to
the Sabbath. True or False? (True)
17. The nations went into captivity, in part, because of their Sabbath
breaking. True or False? (True)
New Testament Church
18. The Sabbath is clearly done away with in the New Testament times.
True or False? (False)
19. Secular history of the 1st century cannot be used to support the
idea of Sabbath-keeping at that time. True or False? (False)
20. The ministerial conference of Acts 15 did not discuss the abolition
or altering of the Sabbath. Why?
a) It was an unforgivable oversight.
b) It was never an issue.
21. The Sabbath transcends the covenant at Sinai. True or False?
22. What scriptures in Acts record the Gentiles asking Paul to preach to
them again on the next Sabbath?
23. Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles was constantly being attacked by
others Jews who said he was teaching against the Law. Acts
21:20-21 clearly indicates that these accusations were false. Why
then if he taught another Sabbath day was he not accused by other Jews
of Sabbath breaking?
a) The critics could never discover that all these churches started by
Paul were keeping the wrong day [Sunday].
b) Because Paul vigorously kept all the laws of God including the
Sabbath. (b--see Acts 24:14)
24. The Greek word translated 'esteem' [Krino] is never used for
Sabbath-keeping. True or False? (True)
25. The Sabbath day has two great overall purposes according to the
a) It looks back as a witness to the ________ _________ [what?]
b) It looks forward as a shadow to the spiritual rest of the
_______________ [what?] (millennium or
Kingdom of God)
Sabbath in the Millennium
26. In what verse in Isaiah do we read, "...and from one sabbath to
another shall all flesh come to worship before me.
27. What 9 chapters in Ezekiel describes Israel and the future Temple in
prophetic vision and specifically mentions Sabbath-keeping:
d) 40-48 (40-48)
Principles for Observing the Sabbath
28. In polar regions where the sun does not set for 24 hours, 7 days a
wee and in outer space the Sabbath day has no meaning. True or
29. The church...
a) teaches broad principles regarding Sabbath-keeping.
b) provides specific lists of what cannot be done on the Sabbath.
30. Today, Sabbath teaching includes:
a) the letter of the Law.
b) the spirit of the Law.
31. Which of the following are true about the Sabbath:
a) it is God's day.
b) it is a day devoted to Godly activities.
c) it is holy.
d) it is a joy and delight.
e) not a day for doing thine own business.
32. The phrase "nor finding thine own pleasure" is better rendered:
a) feeling good physically and emotionally.
b) looking for a joyous time.
c) plying your trade.
33. The following are inherently wrong on the Sabbath:
a) watching TV
c) listening to music
d) marital relations
e) reading the weekly comics
True or False? (False, but remember that
anything can be abused or overdone)
34. What is wrong is any activity which interferes with or detracts from
the joy, rest and spiritual intention of the day. True or False?
35. It is the duty of the ministry to:
a) provide the member with basic guidelines for making their own
b) spell out and rule on every last kind of activity.
36. Which of these activities would seem not in the spirit of keeping
a) participating in football or basketball.
b) digging up the garden or plowing a field.
c) harvesting a crop or entire garden.
d) doing the week's shopping.
e) none of the above.
f) all of the above.
(all of the above)
37. In Leviticus 23:3 the Sabbath is called a ____ __________ [what?]
38. Hebrews 10:25 encourages church members to ____ ________ [what?] on
the Sabbath. (meet together)
Back to Lesson Seven
Go to Check Text Page
back to top
back to Bible Course
back to Bible Class