Specific Bible Studies - Jesus
«Back to Specific Studies | Printer Friendly | PDF Download
- What are the dates and years of Jesus' birth?
- What are the dates, years and duration of Jesus' ministry?
- What are the dates, years and hours of his crucifixion and death?
- What proof do we have that Jesus died on a Wednesday and was resurrected on Saturday?
The purpose of this document is to have one paper, which establishes the dates, years, hours and the days of the week of these various events of the life of Jesus Christ. It will include resources from Bullinger's Companion Bible and the Internet.
- Jesus was born on the 29th of September 4 BC.
- Jesus was born on the first Holy Day of the Feast of Tabernacles.
- Jesus was circumcised on the Last Great Day (a Holy Day).
- Jesus began His ministry at age 30 in the late autumn of 27 AD.
- His ministry was 3.5 years.
- He was crucified in 31 AD.
- He was crucified on Passover day, Wednesday, the 25 of April in the late afternoon (14 Abib or Nisan).
- He died at about 3 PM.
- He was put in the tomb before sunset on Wednesday, the 25 of April 31 AD.
- He was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights (72 full hours). See diagram on this here.
- He was resurrected in the late afternoon of Saturday, the 28 of April 31 AD (17 Abib or Nisan).
- Pentecost that year was on Sunday, June 17, 31 AD. (Count backward 50 days for confirmation)
We will address these questions in 3 parts:
- Part 1) Questions about His birth.
- Part 2) Questions about His ministry.
- Part 3) Questions about His death and resurrection
Part 1 - Questions about His birth
Part 2 - Questions about His ministry
Part 3 - Questions about His death and resurrection