Intercontinental Church of God Correspondence Course - Lesson Fifteen of Bible Course--Answers
«Return to Correspondence Course | Printer Friendly
Lesson Fifteen - Laying on of
This table shows the correct answers to the
questions for Lesson 15. The questions are generated from the
doctrine on Laying on of Hands. To check the text of the doctrine for each
question and answer, go to the
1) The laying on of hands ceremony is performed by
_____________ [whom?]. (the
2) The laying on of hands ceremony is used ...
a) for the receiving of the Holy Spirit at baptism.
b) for ordination
c) to convey a spiritual gift
d) to convey a blessing
e) to convey service
f) to symbolize one's submission to God
g) all of the above
3) Laying on of hands was never used in the Old Testament. True or
4) Which verse establishes laying on of hands as a fundamental doctrine
of the church?
a) Matthew 6:2
b) Hebrews 6:2
c) Genesis 6:2
d) Leviticus 6:2
5) The laying on of hands ceremony is usually accompanied by a prayer
that delineates the nature of the spiritual blessing. True or
6) The ceremony shows that a person is being acknowledged as qualified
for a particular task or blessing. True or False?
7) For the most part, this is a private ceremony performed behind closed
doors. True or False?
8) This ceremony is used by God in administering church government.
True or False? (True)
9) When a minister lays his hands upon a person, he does so...
a) as an agent or representative of God
b) fulfilling a position of spiritual authority in the church
10) One who submits to this ceremony during ordination, after baptism,
during anointing for healing or any other special circumstances is
acknowledging the authority God has placed in the church and ministry
and shows submission to this authority. True or False?
11) Continuing from question 10, this authority one submits to in this
a) the minister's authority
b) the church's authority
c) God's authority
d) all of the above
(c, God empowers
the church and ministry with authority, but the authority remains His)
12) In the laying on of hands ceremony the minister...
a) is an agent on his own authority
b) administers his own authority
c) confers spiritual gifts within himself to the one receiving the
laying on of hands
d) only symbolizes what God confers
13) What is true about a minister who performs this ceremony?
a) he is to be obeyed without question
b) he is without sin
c) he is fallible and imperfect
d) he is a servant of the congregation and of God
(c and d)
14) After baptism, through the laying on of hands, a person
is set apart as a begotten son of God. True or False?
15) When a member of the church is ordained to elder, deacon or
deaconess, he or she...
a) is put into a position of authority and responsibility
b) is now a human instrument of God's government
c) has learned how to serve
d) is faithful to God's authority
e) all of the above
16) The laying on of hands is used for what situations?
a) in anointing the sick
b) in the blessing of little children
c) in ordination
d) in the marriage ceremony
e) in baptism
f) to convey blessings and spiritual gifts
g) all of the above
17) The laying of hands is a simple but deeply symbolic ceremony
a) has special application in special circumstances (as listed in
b) is of critical importance to Christianity
c) shows that God works and deals with mankind
d) that God uses humans in His work and plan though they are fallible
e) all the above
to Lesson Fifteen
Go to Check Text Page
back to top
back to Bible Course
back to Bible Class